Being healthy not a fad but a necessity.
I thought that I could always bounce back to my original old self any time so I missed the signs given by my body where I was supposed to act. So here I was weighing little less than a ton when one day I realized enough of lazing around and do something. That day I started searching on internet about weight loss options. Believe me, it’s easier said than done… So after trying it from weight loss institutes, few crash diets, some weight loss products I came to the conclusion, there’s no easy way to lose weight only the hard way. The golden rule to success, in this case, is just three words “DON’T GIVE UP”.
I still have a long way to go but I’ll just tell you few things that I’ve started so that we all could do it together. Although you might have listened to all the advises and tried most of the things but I’ll just narrate few changes which should be permanent in your lifestyle to make yourself healthy. I’ll start with just initial tips then we’ll proceed further and succeed together. Let’s embark on the journey to weight loss and being healthy.
I’ve started firstly by changing my diet a little bit like:
- Changing fatty chips to roasted options.
- Oil to be replaced by olive oil.
- Add salads.
- Increase fruits.
- Stop carbonated drinks completely.
- Avoid chocolates, if the craving is too much then eat dark chocolates.
- Walk and talk.
- Use stairs.
Try and reduce the dinner, I know it’s very difficult but start with small changes like making it 1/3rd initially and slowly give your body time continue the process. Take your meals earlier by 7 pm. Drink lots of water before and after meals.
Definitely, you have to stay hydrated. Switch from cold water to warm water. Carry a thermos to work for water so that the water intake is accountable. You could add amla juice, cumin (jeera) powder, lemon juice, honey, fenugreek (methi) powder, cinnamon (dalchini) powder to warm water for better results.
Try using infuser bottles or Thermos cum bottle of Instacuppa which provide detox water since they increase the anti-oxidants in a body which helps in weight reduction. You could use lemon, ginger, cucumber, mint leaves etc for infusion in a bottle. It has been stated in studies that around 4-5 liters of water should be consumed for a well-functioning body and it reduces hunger pangs too (kindly discuss with a physician before implementing in case of a medical condition).
Watch what you eat:
Incorporate multigrain flour, bread in your main diet. Corn flour is a big no-no for anyone who’s trying to lose weight you should substitute it with gram flour. Bajra or Pearl millet flour is really good in winters.
- Oats is another good addition to diet since it’s healthy and filling. There are many versions of oat that you could consume like salted, sweet oat, veggy oats, oat cookies, oats cheela etc. You could check cooking sites for a recipe.
- The egg should be another addition to diet but remove the yolk or yellow part. Since it’s a very versatile item it could be boiled, half boiled, poached, omelets so it’s a healthy breakfast substitute.
- Multigrain bread with peanut butter spread or salad spreads or cucumber or mint chutney is a good option too.
- Idli sambhar is very healthy and filling option.
- Coffee or tea or juices should always be included in breakfast.
(*check for allergies before consuming advised items) These are just a few easy examples to start with, you could always improve and add to the menu.
In this article, I’ll not cover what exercises to follow but how to increase your activity by few simple things.
- Walk and talk.
- Take stairs not lift.
- Go to the grocery store or nearby shop by walking instead of a car.
- Install step counting app on the phone so that you could account the activity.
- Do simple tasks yourself.
- Take strolls on sidewalk, gardens etc.
- Assign yourself a minimum target of steps which you should try to complete. At least 7000-10000 steps are required for healthy weight loss.
With all these jump-start tips lets commit to our journey towards being healthy just the right way. It’s a long way but we will get there soon. I’ll be back with my following blogs on healthy diet and exercises to help you move on till then take the first step towards being healthy.
I will be writing this post for #SuperBlogggerChallenge2018 Hosted by Healthwealthbridge.com Allaboutthewoman.com and should be not repurposed, republished or otherwise. The content is here owned by blogger. Super Blogger Challenge 2018 is not responsible for any kind of infringement caused.