How to pack for a long flight?
At times during commuting you face long journeys, long flights are the worst journey you could ever face (trains at least stops in between).
How to be prepared for such long journeys?
What to carry for entertainment?
Firstly and most important in such flights is to be comfortable. So wear comfortable relaxing clothes and shoes since you have a very long journey ahead. Keep non-important things in the overhead compartment and only keep essential things down with you. You could always take out things from your carry bag later.
Carry a backpack or cabin bag:
Since you’ll be spending lots of time in a single seat so you should carry few things to distract you or keep boredom at bay. So you should carry:
- Phone with power bank
- Deck of cards
- Pen drive with movies/songs
- Pen & paper
- Games (if you like any)
Besides these things for keeping you occupied you should carry:
- Basic cosmetics
- Extra change of clothes
- Shrug or stole
- Snacks like (biscuits or chips)
- Medicines (emergency like painkillers, flu, stomach ache, gastritis)
With these few things at least your flight would be comfortable.
Few tips to avoid unwelcome conversations:
Making friends is always the best way to pass the free time but if you are introvert kinds then sleeping helps too.
- If you are uncomfortable talking to someone to let them know politely that “you have a lot to think about so you wouldn’t be the best company right now”.
- Put on your headphones and get on with your laptop or tablet it’s subtle hint that you don’t want to be disturbed.
- Close your eyes and pretend to sleep.
- Yawn and look away.
- Answer to the point and don’t encourage further questions.
Keep many movies so that you could engage yourself in them or work on a laptop if you have any so that you could spend free time in it.
I hope my post was helpful.
if you like this article you might also like: What to Pack for Vacations?