When we see anyone with tattoo our reactions are varied, we might feel awed, fascinated, amazed, drawn, repulsed or intrigued. The questions that come to our minds when we see anyone with tattoos are:
- Should I get one?
- Would it be safe?
- Could I carry a tattoo?
- Do I want something so permanent on my skin?
- Last but not least WOULD IT HURT?
Let me address them here one by one.
Should I get one?
Table of Contents
Well if you really want to get inked then you should. The tattoo could be very small and still tell a story. You could place it in a way that it’s not very visible too.
If you were always looking at a tattoo with fascination get one.
Places to get tattooed:
Would it be safe?
It could lead to many diseases so it’s very important to get a tattoo from a very renowned place. always keep in mind while getting a tattoo done:
- Check the new needle
- Clean the area with antiseptic before starting
- Do not get a tattoo if you have a skin condition or tendency of keloid/ hypertrophic scar formation
- Get a small area done first to check for any reaction to the ink
- Try and avoid direct sun exposure at the tattooed area
There are many diseases which could be communicated by contaminated needles so beware of shady places for tattooing since they do not use new needles.
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Herpes Zoster
- Foreign Body Reaction to Ink
Would Tattoo hurt?
Well to tell u truth it all depends on the area you are planning to get tattooed and your pain threshold. It will hurt but not a lot and the tattoo artist are very understanding they totally encourage you and they help you throughout the session.
- Read about tattooing in detail
- Select the part according to your comfort
- Pick the design with care, after research and only if it feels right coz you’ve to live with it life long
- Search online for designs on Google, Pinterest, etc.
- Select the tattoo parlor and artist after reading reviews
- Meet the artist first and explain what you want so that you both can work out the design
- Keep the design temporarily to get the feel of it
- The design should match your personality or enhance it
- Keep your iPod/ phone/ book to distract you or sooth you during the session
- Take someone known/ friend/ family along with you
I hope you find my article helpful.
Be Happy. Be Beautiful