Table of Contents
Do you have hearing loss?
- Close your ears alternatively in front of radio or tv then look for the difference in hearing in both ears.
- Check each ear separately and Keep taking a step back from sound source till you stop hearing it. Repeat with another ear too.
- Check the volume if you’re watching TV on higher volume.
- Check if you prefer one ear to listen on your mobile.
- Do you tilt your head while listening because we unconsciously put our best ear forward?
HistoryJot down a few points:
- Is it in one ear or both?
- Since when do you think you have it?
- Is it since birth or you noticed it later?
- Is your hearing better in a noisy environment?
- Do you hear your own voice as voice echo?
- Is loud voice uncomfortable for you?
- hearing loss is fluctuating?
- Is hearing loss progressively increasing?
- Do you have anything else with hearing loss?
- Ear discharge
- History of trauma
- History of working or living in a noisy environment
- Any illness of childhood like Fever/ measles/ Mumps
- Ever being on prolonged medication
- Family history of Hearing loss
- Drug/ Substance Abuse
What test should be done for hearing loss?A most important test for hearing loss is Pure Tone Audiometry (PTA) after PTA only we decide on the other tests if we need any.
- Pure Tone Audiometry
- Impedance Audiometry
- Stapedial Reflex
- Short Increment Sensitivity Index (SISI)
- Tone Decay Test
Feel free to post your queries in comments I’ll help in resolving them.These points would help you reach to a conclusion. It might not seem like a good one but do visit the ENT Specialist they’ll find a solution to your problems Be Healthy & Be Happy
Alexa Global Rank: 358922
Alexa Country Rank: 24190Disclaimer: I am taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter’s #MyFriendAlexa. This article is for reference purpose only, under no circumstances it should be used as a replacement of medical opinion by Professionals. Any decision regarding health and health care should be taken after professional advice only. Health care advice and information shared by the author is best to her knowledge. We disclaim all responsibilities for any inadvertent omission/ commission by the author or the website.