One Man’s Quest for a Leprosy Free World
Table of Contents
Book: Paperback/ ebook
Author: Mr. Yohei Sasakawa
Reading time: 4-5 hours
About the book:
“No Matter Where the Journey Takes Me” is a well-written book on the journey of Mr. Yohei Sasakawa who has narrated his journey from childhood where he followed the footsteps of his father Sasakawa Ryōichi helping people. His father was very compassionate towards people suffering from leprosy. Mr. Sasakawa visited a leprosy hospital in South Korea with his father, he was moved by the plight of people facing leprosy alone craving for a human touch.
Mr. Yohei selflessly dedicated his life to building an organization Nippon foundation & Sasakawa Health Foundation to bring aid to people suffering from leprosy. He devoted his life to spreading awareness amongst the political leaders of more than 100 countries and changed their views towards the disease.
His aim is to provide:
- Spread awareness about the disease amongst everyone
- Provide treatment and aids to leprosy patients and their family
- Making people affected by Leprosy independent and self-sufficient
- Stop the discrimination
His message to humankind in the book is “leprosy is curable, treatment is free, and it is wrong to discriminate”
About the Author:
Mr. Yohei Sasakawa is a Japanese philanthropist activist. Founder of Nippon Foundation & Sasakawa Health Foundation who has dedicated his life for a humanitarian cause. He has played a key role in global efforts on the fight against leprosy, both as head of a private foundation and as the World Health Organization’s “Goodwill Ambassador for Human Rights for the person affected by Leprosy”.
He Launched Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation (S-ILF) in 2006 since India. He has received the ‘Gandhi Peace Prize 2018’ by Hon’ble President and Hon’ble Prime Minister of India for his dedication and initiative against leprosy
His dedication in helping people is not limited to just Leprosy he had provided help in many major devastating events by providing:
- Food and humanitarian aids
- Relief work & emergency aid supplies in Tsunami in Japan in 2011
- Pediatrician for Chernobyl accident and many more.
His ceaseless work:
- He has personally attended a series of symposiums with the UN in many nations to spread awareness and implementation of UN guidelines in helping in leprosy eradication.
- He has established schools in orthodontics and prosthetics to help people in rehabilitation
- The Nippon Foundation Fellowships were founded for Asian Public Intellectuals (API Fellowships) in five countries in Asia.
His list of achievements is endless yet enduring. His quest to making World a Better Place is definitely an initiative worth following.
One Man’s quest for a Leprosy-Free World
The uplifting story of a Japanese philanthropist who has dedicated his life to eradicating leprosy worldwide.
It’s a moving story about a person who has made a difference in more than 3 million people’s lives and is rallying a cause to make world leprosy free.
Let’s join hands in the movement. Let’s make India Leprosy Free.