We all know that we’re fighting an unknown Virus SARS CoV-2 which has caused a worldwide epidemic COVID-19. We’re discovering more about the virus but in the meanwhile, we all are taking precautions to protect ourselves. We all are under lockdown and we’re facing the Virus by Social distancing.
Table of Contents
- Clean hands with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use > 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Stay indoor
- Avoid contact with sick people
- Social distancing
- Use a mask when in public places
- Cover mouth with elbow/ tissue while coughing
While these precautions are helping us in protecting us all against the virus. Social distancing is providing much-needed protection but it’s also causing a major spike in mental disorders. We all are under lockdown which is causing a lot of mental health issues in society.
Mental disorders during COVID-19:
People are staying alone and inside the houses under lockdown. These conditions are causing a massive rise in Stress, Headaches, Anxiety & Depression in society.
- Fear about loved ones/ self getting sick
- Fear of death
- Job insecurity
- Uncertain future
- Disruption of Routine life
- Financial burdens
- Burden of Work
How to achieve mental wellbeing?
- Keep calm and keep busy at work to avoid loneliness and sadness.
- Try and take deep breaths and meditate when you feel anxious. Think about something calm and peaceful.
- Be connected to people.
- Be helpful to people who are in need of support and care.
- Discuss your fear and phobias with others to lower the anxiety.
- Maintain wellbeing: keeping hydrated, eat well, walk and talk.
- Maintain sleep hygiene
- Get facts do not believe in every information received on by media. Check facts before passing on the information.
- Do not spread rumors and fear in society.
- Keep a daily routine.
- Do things you love. Like Dancing, Gardening, Cooking, etc.
- Relax the mind and body
- Set up goals and complete them
- Keep your mind active by playing crosswords, puzzles, games.
- Be Happy and Positive
[Tweet “Mental Wellbeing is Essential in #COVID-19”]
We all are facing an uncertain situation but we all will persevere since we all will help and support each other get through it. The only way we could overcome this pandemic is by working together with love, support, and kindness for everyone.
Be Healthy, Be Safe
Disclaimer: This article is for reference purposes only, under no circumstances it should be used as a replacement of medical opinion by Professionals. Any decision regarding health and health care should be taken after professional advice only. Health care advice and information shared by the author are best to her knowledge. We disclaim all responsibilities for any inadvertent omission/ commission by the author or the website.