Table of Contents
Mental health has always been one of the most discussed topics but the ignorance of the topic still makes people wary and scared. Mental health is essential for overall health and quality of life.
[Tweet “Good Mental Health is a lot more than just the Absence of Mental illness.”]
What is Mental Health?
Mental Health has 3 aspects:
Wellbeing on all 3 aspects comprises of good mental health
Why do we need Good Mental Health?
Mental health is essential at every stage of age for almost everything:
- Making decisions
- Handle stressful situations
- Relate to people
- Making right choices
What causes mental health problems?
Mental health could be affected by so many factors:
- Biological: Family History/ genetics
- Adverse Life experience: trauma/ abuse etc
- Chronic medical illness (cancer/ stroke)
- Drug abuse/ alcohol intake
- Life altering experience: accidents/ financial instability etc.
- Feeling loneliness/ isolation
What are the Early Signs of Mental Health Problems?
- Changes in sleep pattern
- Changes in eating pattern
- Secluding self from people or activities
- Having low energy levels
- Unexplained aches & pains
- Feeling hopeless or numb
- Mood changes
- Aggression and getting in fights with friends and family
- Thinking of harming self and others
- Inability to perform daily tasks
- Not finding things enjoyable
- Getting in drugs or alcoholism
- Hearing voices in head (Hallucinations)
When to Seek Professional Help?
Never wait till the symptoms overwhelm you: Seek Professional Help ASAP.
Be Healthy Stay Healthy.
With this post, I’m joining the initiative by Blogchatter #CauseAChatter 2022. I’d love to spread knowledge on the dreaded topic of Mental illness through a series of posts throughout the year.
This is article is for reference purposes only, under no circumstances it should be used as a replacement of medical opinion by Professionals. Any decision regarding health and health care should be taken after professional advice only. Health care advice and information shared by the author are best to her knowledge. We disclaim all responsibilities for any inadvertent omission/ commission by the author or the website.