How to plan a Weekend Road Trip???
Wanna enjoy the weekend by going on a Road trip?
You should definitely do that but all you’ve to do it to organize it so that you enjoy to the Fullest.
How to achieve an epic road trip?
Where to go?
You should plan the road trip while keeping in mind:
- Type of Vehicle
- Condition of Roads
- Your driving skills
- Number of drivers onboard
- Number of holidays
Now that you’ve looked into few basic things, you could choose the place. Plan it out before taking the road trip.
How to go?
Next step is knowing ins and out of the place. Google it!!!
Know all you’ve to know about the place and be ready to improvise. So Google the:
- alternative routes.
- Pit stops in the way.
- Breakpoints of the trip.
- Petrol pumps
- Vehicle repair centers
- Nearby cities
Take your pre-owned or pre-driven vehicle in which you’re comfortable driving. Always take a phone with good network connectivity since internet would certainly guide you when other help is unavailable.
What to take?
Plan for the worst while packing. Those ways you’ll always have everything you might need in case of emergency.
- Comfortable & adequate clothing
- Cash (cards might not always work)
- ID Proof & Vehicle Documents
- Charging Cables/ power bank and batteries
- Munchies & snacks.
- Water & Cold drinks.
With these basic things you could face at least few adverse points and they’ll help you till you reach a suitable pit stop or rest point.
Nearby spots from Delhi to plan a trip this Summer:
- Jim Corbett National Park
- Garh Mukhteshwar
- Rajasthan has good places too but they’re hot in summers so outdoor activities won’t be an option. Still, you could enjoy short trips to:
- Shimla/ Manali/ Mussoorie are very crowded for driving you might get stuck in traffic for hours.
- Start very early to avoid traffic.
- Book in advance.
- Keep the stops minimum till you cross busy places.
- Avoid city traffic and take by-pass even if it’s slightly longer route.
- Don’t be too adventurous in unknown terrains.
- Avoid conflicts and be happy
- Follow traffic rules
- Always travel with a full tank.
Keep your car happy and be happy.