Fertility clock is ticking….. tick tock
Table of Contents
We’re progressing and women are getting more freedom of thought and speech but they’re still weighed down by the pressure of society to fulfill their ulterior motive i.e. to have kids. Fertility or lack of it is a still a stigma. It’s not gender biased.
- Every couple who doesn’t have children within few years of marriage are bombarded with thousand unwanted home remedies to get pregnant.
- Every female who wants late marriage is considered an unfit candidate for marriage because of fear that they might never get pregnant.
- Every woman who wants to pursue their career or studies further also and wants to withhold pregnancy are speculated.
It’s not fair but that’s how our society has always been.
I can get pregnant I’m 35 years old, not menopausal.
Should fertility be deciding factor for every female?
Could we be more than a birthing cow?
Should we have family just to please society?
Is having a baby the only proof of womanhood in our society?
Let’s break free from these bonds and plan our lives in our way. Let’s not get rushed into matrimony and pregnancy because of the age factor. Though our fertility clock is ticking we might have other options instead of getting pushed into something we aren’t yet ready for. The answer to our problem is “Egg Freezing” or “Oocyte Cryopreservation”.
Nowadays our medical science has evolved a lot so we could get our Egg frozen which would be like freezing our fertility and progressing further in our life. When we are ready to settle we could get out frozen eggs implanted and voila!! “we have a healthy baby”
Here’s how it’s done.
You’re already futuristic in plans:
if you’re thinking about getting your Egg Frozen then you’re ahead of 1000 other females who’ve not yet decided it. It’s best done in 20’s but 30’s is a good time too after 35 years your egg cells start deteriorating so if you’re not planning a family by then, then you should get you egg cells frozen.
Who needs Egg Freezing?
- who has fear of age-related chromosomal anomaly
- delayed family planning due to personal or professional reason
- in cases of tumors of ovary or uterus
- in case of the planning of radiotherapy to the pelvic region
How is Egg Freezing done?
After general checkups, few drugs are given to stimulate your ovaries to produce eggs. Then after 2-3 months, a small procedure is done under short General anesthesia and eggs are removed from the ovaries and taken up for processing and preservation.
The procedure doesn’t give you a scar, it’s endoscopic.
Is Egg Freezing costly?
It’s not very costly but, mainly you should think how much is the cost of freedom in your life rather than the monetary value of it.
In medical advanced Embryo Preservation is the next technique but it’s only introduced in few higher facilities in India yet.
Take your future in your hands. Let’s not withhold ourselves because of fertility issues.
Keep reading, loving and sharing the posts. Spread the Love.