Seasonal Cold V/s Seasonal Flu V/s COVID-19
Table of Contents
We all know that we’re dealing with the COVID-19 epidemic throughout the world. Everyone is doing their best to deal with the disease. Everyone in the nation is helping in fighting the disease the best they could. To stop the panic regarding cold and fever let’s spread awareness about the diseases.
India is still in Phase 2 of disease and the next 15 days are very crucial to our country. We need to spread awareness regarding the disease to stop the spread of disease. Let’s join the movement and Stop Corona because we can still control and contain it.
Cold, Cough, Fever could be cold or Seasonal Flu too so please don’t panic because not every cold is COVID-19.
What are the Symptoms of COVID-19?
- Low-Grade Fever
- Dry Cough
- Breathing Difficulty
- Throat pain
- Joint pain
- Abdominal Pain
- Nausea/ Vomiting
How to identify COVID-19?
About SARS-CoV-2/ Coronavirus:
It’s a fragile and evolving RNA virus that causes rapidly spreading respiratory infections. it belongs to the family of coronavirus which is responsible for MERS & SARS outbreaks in the past. It’s a Zoonotic Virus (jumps from animal to human host unknown).
- It spreads by Droplet infection.
- It’s not an Airborne Virus
- The virus is very heavy so it settles down on the surface where it can last for up to 9-12 hours.
- Dies in high temperature
- Highly infective disease with low mortality
- The incubation period of 1-14 days
- Fever is low grade
Precautions to be taken:
- Clean hands with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use > 20% alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Stay indoor
- Avoid contact with sick people
- Social distancing
- Use a mask when in public places
- Cover mouth with elbow/ tissue while coughing
How to Differentiate between diseases?
COVID-19 has no treatment only supportive management while Flu has vaccination.
How can we all help our country?
- Stay indoors to avoid the spread of infection
- Avoid crowded places
- Don’t mislead doctors, let them help you.
- Social Distancing
- Do not panic
- Stop hoarding behavior
- Do not spread rumors & panic in people
[Tweet “Let’s fight #COVID-19 together. #CoronaStopKaroNa”]
For live updates on Coronavirus visit: HERE
Scientists are still learning about COVID-19 so the information given is up to date till now and might change in the future when we know more about the Virus.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy
Disclaimer: This article is for reference purposes only, under no circumstances it should be used as a replacement of medical opinion by Professionals. Any decision regarding health and health care should be taken after professional advice only. Health care advice and information shared by the author are best to her knowledge. We disclaim all responsibilities for any inadvertent omission/ commission by the author or the website.